One of my favorite quotes is "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" by Lao-Tzu. The reason I love this quote is that it seems that it's so easy to get hung up on all the "what-if's" and as a result we don't move forward. And yet as soon as we just do one thing, however small, we do indeed move forward and we increasingly realize that the path ahead is never as frightening as we imagined. This happens with all of us at some point and it happens with teams and organizations as well.
I've decided to start writing this blog as a way to personally explore my points of view on people, process and performance and who knows...maybe I'll help someone else along the way. I am certain I'll learn from the experience.
I've had a long career (over 25 years) and recently moved into "transition". A time of transition is a time to reflect and grow and I'm determined to do just that. So my first step is creating this blog - to create a place to document my professional beliefs relative to people, process and performance. Who knows where this journey will take me (or anyone who cares to take the journey with me)? I'm putting my faith in Lao-Tzu's guidance and just taking the first step; I know all the steps that will follow during this "transition" will move me forward and that's incredibly important to me.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post!
ReplyDeleteNicely written. Upbeat - affirmative - optimistic.
ReplyDeleteTransition is just the latest buzz word for on the bricks - hitting the skids - looking for that next challenge, and more. But whatever word you use, it's the same - an emotional period of hard work to find that next job.
I look forward to reading more of your philosophy.